Whitstable is a lovely place for a holiday or a weekend stay and delightful holiday location with its beach, cafes and restaurants.
Only a few minutes walk from Whitstable beach and the restaurants, cafes and bars being just off Harbour Street. Whitstable Harbour has lovely old boats and cafes selling oysters, prawns and whelks plus some excellent places to eat.
Whitstable Restaurants include:
- The Oyster Fisheries
- The Lobster Shack
- David Browns deli and bar
- Windy Stores
- Tankerton with its beach and beach huts is just a short stroll with restaurant Jojos
Places to visit:
If you want to explore by car, train, or bus places to visit include:
- Herne Bay
- Margate (with Dreamland and the Turner Gallery)
- Broadstairs (Viking Beach and Joss Bay)
- Ramsgate ( old harbour)
- Sandwich with its old cottages,
- Canterbury Cathedral and town
- Kent is also known for its wines so a visit to Chapel Down Wines might be to your taste.
- France - hop on a ferry for some shopping across the channel